Current Project

Current Project
The Last Antigone

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Final working image


I've been away on holiday for the past couple of days with my family so progress on The Last Antigone slowed right down for awhile. We went to the West Coast and stayed at the Fox Glacier, I have some fantastic pictures which I hope to process and will post as a slide show here soon.

Yesterday I got stuck back into the Antigone project, I had a meeting with Wayne the director just before I went on holiday at which point we decided to change the background. Wayne had envisaged a vista that rolled down and out with water not what I was thinking which was a plain heading out to mountains. Anyway I found this picture which is one I took earlier this year from Quarantine Island in the Otago Harbour, I think it works really well, it's also available as a Giclee print on my website.

Wayne also was looking more for a black and white or monotone image, but I am sticking to my guns on that one and using a combination of muted monotones and over saturated colour as I had origingally planned and I think the image is all the better for it. I am really pleased with how it is coming together and now all I have to do is refine the edge details of all the masked elements and finish adding all of the little details that will really make the image. A Kraken in the water, some Greek Temple type ruins on the hill in the background along with some local wildlife.

No comments: